We don’t really have Valentine’s Day plans this year, so I think we’re just looking forward to a nice relaxing long weekend at home. We’ve been so busy with work and life and wedding planning that it will be great to just have a few days of absolutely nothing except for quality time with my love and my Netflix.
For Valentine’s Day I do like to pull out all my heart-shaped cookie cutters, molds and dishes for romantic brunch for two: heart-shaped fried eggs, heart-shaped pancakes and heart-shaped toast. Nothing says romance like heart-shaped bacon.
For the occasion I’m sharing this dorky but sweet picture that we took when we stumbled upon some wedding decor while out on a stroll last fall. Might have to save this one for our wedding slideshow!
And now I’ll leave you with this healthy Valentine’s Day dessert, which is totally the type of dessert that is absolutely delicious when you’re trying to watch your weight, but still want to enjoy a little Valentine’s Day indulgence. Do it for love!
Wishing you all a weekend full of love and chocolate! <3
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Add chopped sweet potato to a small pot and cover with water
- Bring to a boil, reduce and cook until tender, about 6 minutes
- Drain, set aside and allow to cool completely
- Combine all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth
- Refrigerate and serve chilled