I haven’t been posting many recipes lately, since with only 2 months to go, I’ve definitely got wedding on the brain (and blog), but this Fall Harvest Salad is too good not to share! This hearty salad is packed full of my favourite fall flavours.
Roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes combine with walnuts, blue cheese, and dried cranberries is this wonderfully delicious arugula salad.
Your guests will love this as a starter at Thanksgiving dinner.
The brussel sprouts are definitely the star of the show: coated in maple syrup which caramelizes when roasted, with crispy leaves on the outside and warm and tender on the inside.
An extra dose of maple syrup tops this hearty Fall Harvest Salad with a simple Maple-Dijon dressing.
- 12 cups arugula
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1" cubes
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- sea salt and pepper
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Maple Dijon dressing: In a jar, combine ¾ cup olive oil, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, 3 tbs Dijon mustard, ¼ cup maple syrup and a dash of salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl or Ziploc back, combine trimmed and halved brussel sprouts with ¼ cup of oil, maple syrup, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper and toss until coated
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Roast at 400F for 35-40 minutes until fork tender, flipping halfway
- Follow the same steps for the sweet potato, except no maple syrup
- Roast at 400F for 20-25 minutes until fork tender, flipping halfway
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, assemble remaining salad ingredients
- Allow roasted vegetables to cool slightly to avoid wilting arugula, but best served warm
- Drizzle with Maple Dijon dressing and enjoy!