When it comes to wedding favors, I think most couples have gotten the message by now that most people probably don’t want that personalized (to the couple) tree ornament or picture frame. All the weddings I’ve been to in the last several years have had edible favors, a donation in-lieu, or foregone the tradition altogether. Candy or dessert bars with take-home baggies are another really popular option. I’m all for these options because they’re not overly costly, and you’re not sticking your guests with dove salt and pepper shakers that they will accidently-on-purpose leave behind.
I liked the idea of favors just because I knew I could come up with something fun that tied in with the New Year’s theme.
After searching through Pinterest, I eventually settled on my favourite idea: Fortune Cookie Wedding Favors!
Chocolate-dipped fortune cookie wedding favors seemed like a great fit for a New Year’s Eve wedding! I ordered my custom fortune cookies from KCFortuneCookieFactory.com. I was really happy with the whole process and customer service was super responsive when I had questions. The chocolate-dipped fortune cookies stay fresh for up to 6 weeks, so we ordered ours to arrive 2 weeks early, and they came right on schedule. The cookies were well packaged and not a single cookie arrived broken.
But the most important thing was that these were some decadent fortune cookies. These weren’t your usual, stale Chinese take-out fortune cookies. Nope. These cookies were thicker and sweeter than the typical fortune cookie, and they were coated with a nice layer of thick chocolate.
Bonus? Including shipping to Canada, each fortune cookie favor came out to only $0.77 each. Even individual truffles can’t beat that deal!
But what made these fortune cookies really unique was that we were able to create our own fortunes with a personalized message on the back. We printed Thank You tags on cardstock and stapled them to the packages.
The back of each fortune read: Best wishes from the new Mr. & Mrs. Love, Mike and Jill
We included our wedding date as the ‘lucky numbers’.
And the fortunes we came up with were:
- You’re going to have the best year yet. Happy New Year!
- A thrilling time is in your immediate future! Cheers!
- 2016 or bust! Happy New Year!
- Great things await you in 2016! You are wonderful! POP! FIZZ! CLINK!
- Great things await you in 2016! Your future is sweet as a cookie. POP! FIZZ! CLINK!
- 2016 is your year! You have the attitude of a winner. Happy New Year!
- Just be yourself. You are wonderful! Cheers!
- Something wonderful is about to happen. Happy New Year!
- Fortune in love favours the brave. POP! FIZZ! CLINK!
- Do it now! Today will be yesterday tomorrow. Cheers to 2016!
- Stop waiting! Buy that ticket. Take that special trip! Happy New Year!
- Your ingenuity will bring fine results. Cheers!
- You are the life of any party! Eat, drink & hit the dance floor. Cheers to 2016!
- You give power to what you give attention to. POP! FIZZ! CLINK!
- Have a drink. You deserve it! Happy New Year!