Today I’m having surgery, so please send me some posi thoughts as you check out these delicious Poached Pears with Salted Maple Caramel Syrup!
I love dessert, and I would rarely choose a fruit dessert over, say, chocolate fudge cake. But after a big Thanksgiving meal, these soft, mapley pears are the perfect healthy Thanksgiving dessert. And since it’s a holiday, definitely go for that scoop of coconut ice cream and a scattering of candied pecans. There’s no harm in making these early since a re-heating in the oven only deepens the caramel flavour, so that makes them ideal for a busy Thanksgiving.
If you’re more traditional, but still want a healthy Thanksgiving dessert, try my Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie. Naturally sweetened and topped with pumpkin nice cream, your guests will love it, and love you when you tell them that this healthy dessert is 100% free of added sugars.
Make sure you check out the rest of the #blogsgivingdinner menu for amazing dessert and after-dinner drink recipes. Also get some ideas for how to use up those leftovers.
- 6 firm pears, peeled (halve or quarter, if desired)
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- pecans (optional)
- Fill a pot with enough wine and water to cover pears
- Add ½ cup sugar and bring to a boil
- Carefully slide in pears and reduce heat
- Simmer until pears are cooked through (test with a knife or skewer)
- Remove from heat and allow to cool (if making in advance, store poached pears in their liquid and reheat before serving)
- Meanwhile, add syrup, sugar, and salt to a shallow sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer to thicken, remove from heat
- Reheat sauce before serving and pour over pears
- Sprinkle with a light sprinkling of salt before serving
Grandma’s Pecan Pie from The Wetherills Say I Do
Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting from My Cooking Spot
Gluten-Free Apple Berry Crumble from Twin Stripe
Paleo Pumpkin Pudding from Wit Wisdom Food
Cranberry Almond Coconut Bars from Love & Flour
Torched Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie with Olive & Sinclair Chocolate from The Local Forkful
Poached Pears with Salted Maple Caramel Syrup from Home at Six
Sweet Potato Pie from Think Fruitful
Nutella Pumpkin S’mores Tart from bethcakes
Gluten-Free Acorn Squash Spice Bars from I Cook. I Eat. It’s Life.
Drunken Pecan Pie Bars from The Speckled Palate
Butter Pecan Cupcakes from Glamour Girl Gourmet
Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider from A Savory Feast
Cranberry Bourbon Granita from Feast + West
Cheesy Potato Croquettes from Hello Little Home
Leftover Stuffed Egg Rolls with Cranberry Dipping Sauce from Cake ‘n’ Knife
Freezer-Friendly Turkey and Rice Casserole from Betty Becca
Stuffed Crescents with Thanksgiving Leftovers from My Cooking Spot